Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chores and kids and other things...

Hi there,

Man, it is nice to be home and settling back into our "normal" routine, but one thing has changed....It is that Mama no longer does everything around here :) :)

While at my parents I realized something, the dishes and other housework are the chores that the kids are supposed to do, right? Well, I always felt like it was annoying to have to keep reminding them to do it, so I tended to just do it for them (i mean while staying at my parents) but then I realized that when they didn't have chores to do they tended to just fight, or sit around saying they were "bored" or just seriously ramble to me about nothing ;) Meaning they needed something to do....which is when I started handing the chores back out and man! It made such a difference, which is when I realized my kids need to do chores, like starting IMMEDIATELY! :) It was so great ...this morning we spent an hour doing chores, they helped set the table and empty the dishwasher and rinse the dishes after breakfast and then load the dishwasher and even start it oh and empty the dryer and then take care of their "pets" (bunny and hampster) and wow! this day has been going so much better. The kids are way happier and not as much fighting. My point here is that I realized the structure and being productive is super important, so we will be continuting this :) (oh and then they all got a star once done with the chores and getting dressed and brushing their teeth...once they have 10 stars they get a treat or prize ;)

Anyhow, I was super happy to be back down a bit this morning to 158.0 this morning. I was pretty nervous that I would gain a ton while at my parents (I am not sure what it is, but while there it is like I have this drive toward the snack cupboard way more often than normal, it's kind of weird and unexplainable!)
Yesterday I swam some laps and today I hope to go jogging later.

In any case, I hope you are all doing well and have a super day.

No comments:

Post a Comment