Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sorry to disappoint

:)
Tereza,
Your comments (on my last post) cracked me up!! :)
Sorry to disappoint, but nope, Jen doesn't have it all together, at all! I like to, but so don't.

Reality is, My accomplishments in a day are normally, One load of laundry washed and the dishes from the day in the dishwasher. (oh, and I try to shower once a day :) I usually do manage that while the kids have a quiet time.
Walking to the school seems super overwhelming cuz it takes 15 minutes to get there and 20 or more home (Mia is SO lazy and I'm not really in a hurry :) It's not the walking I dislike, it's the pressure of getting to the school on time, walking, with kids in tow. But, once I am forced to do it...it's nice. :)
Anyhow, I guess the picture you (Tereza :) have of me...is what I thought I would want to be like as a mom (like, all put together and everything in its place in my house) but I have realized in order to achieve that, I drive myself crazy and don't enjoy my kids, so I have settled for my home to be "surface cleaned" mostly and I have a standard that I try to stick to, before I hit the sack (basically, I make sure the laundry got put in the dryer, the dishwasher is started, the toys are thrown into the corner of the living room and the coffee is ready to brew for morning and DH lunch is in the fridge)

So,...now that y'all know what my reality is, I have to go fold and put away 5 loads of laundry and wash 3 more :) (cuz every once in a while I have to catch up on what doesn't get done regularly, like finishing up laundry and bathrooms and vacuuming and sweeping and mopping etc. Oh and fyi, I pretty much never dust :0

Yes, I read your blogs. . elmina and Tereza and I totally enjoy them, sorry I don't comment.
Hope the weekend is going well for ya

No comments:

Post a Comment